Whatcom Web Works is designed for local businesses to help them get more customers with websites that convert, SEO, hosting, Keyword Tracker, Online Reputation Managing, and Social Media Managing and more.
Visitors under 18 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 18 years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
Privacy and Security
- Information that we collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technology that we use.
- What we do with the information that we collect.
- With whom we share the information we collect.
- Our opt-out policy.
- Our policy on correcting and updating Personal Information and deactivation of your account.
- Privacy Shield.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information Provided by You Upon Registration and Making a Purchase. When you register for an account on WhatcomWebWorks.com and/or purchase a product or service from us, we may collect the following information that allows us to identify you (“Personal Information“):
- E-mail address
- Name of your business
- Business phone number
- Business address
Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with a question or comment about our products and services. We generally collect one or more of the following types of Personal Information when you contact us with a question or comment or request information from us about our products and services:
- E-mail address
- Business Name
- Phone Number
Passively Collected Information.
Information Collected From Our Partners.
We may partner with third party websites to receive information about you and your business, such as name and contact information. This helps us to fulfill your service requests and/or to provide you with services that may be of interest to you.
Information Collected From Your Reviewers.
If you use our services to solicit reviews from your customers via email, or other forms of communication, including, but not limited to text messages, we will collect, on your behalf, the Personal Information and any other information provided in such reviews from your customers (“Reviewers”). We will use the information provided by Reviewers to provide services to you. We have no direct relationship with Reviewers. You are responsible for ensuring that you have the appropriate consent for us to collect and process Reviewers’ information to provide our services. If you are a Reviewer and believe you have received an email from Whatcom Web Works on behalf of one of our customers, please contact that company directly with any questions.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WE USE
- Beacons are small graphical images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on the Whatcom Web Works and typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
- An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with our app, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to Whatcom Web Works, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Whatcom Web Works, services and products, tracking users’ movements around the Whatcom Web Works and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As examples of how we may use Personal Information that we collect, we use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Information Provided by You Upon Registration and Making a Purchase. We may use this Personal Information to administer your access to the Whatcom Web Works, verify your identity, and provide our products or services to you.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may use this Personal Information to understand and respond to your question or comment.
- General Uses. We may also use your Personal Information to improve and personalize your experience with us, and, with your consent where necessary, send you information about us and keep you informed of our other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Passively Collected Information. We use passively-collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of the Whatcom Web Works, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services, validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users, and optimize our marketing efforts.
- Aggregate data. We may use your Personal Information to create aggregate data which does not include any Personal Information, and which cannot be used to identify you. For example, aggregate data may include data that describes the general demographics, usage or other characteristics of a Whatcom Web Works We reserve the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or group data about Whatcom Web Works users for lawful purposes.
- Information Collected from Reviewers. We may use or share aggregated or de-identified information collected from Reviewers in our discretion, such as to provide analytics and benchmarking. We reserve the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or de-identified data about Reviewers for lawful purposes.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We may share Personal Information with affiliated businesses.
- Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies (“Service Providers“) to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, processing credit card transactions, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via the Whatcom Web Works. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Third Parties for Marketing and Other Purposes. We may share with selected third-party partners, including for their direct marketing purposes (please see below for your choices related to this sharing).
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Whatcom Web Works or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of Whatcom Web Works. When you interact with content from our partners displayed on Whatcom Web Works, please be aware that you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and it will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
OUR OPT-OUT POLICY
Sharing with Third Parties for Marketing. As noted above, we may disclose your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to opt-out of such disclosures, please contact us at email@example.com.
Email Marketing. To stop receiving newsletters or marketing communications from us or to opt-out of having your email address shared with third parties, please use the “unsubscribe” mechanism provided in the communication or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the information necessary for us to process your request.
Service-Related Announcements. We will also send you service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt-out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
OUR POLICY ON CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may request to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information, or deactivate your account, by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your request to access your Personal Information within 30 days. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to Personal Information in our custody or control. Please see below regarding our retention policy.
The Whatcom Web Works may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We suggest that you contact these third parties directly for information regarding their privacy, security and data collection and distribution policies prior to providing them with any information.
Blogs and Public Features Whatcom Web Works.
We may post customer testimonials on Whatcom Web Works which may contain Personal Information such as the customer’s name. We obtain the customer’s consent to post his/her Personal Information along with the testimonial, prior to posting the testimonial. If you want to remove your Personal Information that is being displayed on our sites under public pages, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Widgets.
You can apply for an open position listed on our Careers page using sign-in services such as LinkedIn. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like LinkedIn give you the option to post information about your activities on the Whatcom Web Works to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Security and Retention.
We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from Whatcom Web Works may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us or to any other party via the Internet. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms or login credentials (such as username and password) on our platform login, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Your Personal Information will be stored in the United States and will be subject to laws applicable in that country. If you have any questions about security on Whatcom Web Works, you can contact us at email@example.com. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Visitors under 18 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information on Whatcom Web Works. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 18 years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms, or your dealings with our web site, please contact us via the contact information above
360-841-9200 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1225 E Sunset Drive, Ste 145-1020, Bellingham, WA 98226
© 2019 Ellemeno LLC. All rights reserved.